As a landlord, you are responsible for:
• Maintenance: pipework, appliances and flues must be maintained and serviced in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
• Gas safety checks: a 12 monthly gas safety check must be carried out on every gas appliance/flue.
• Record: a record of the annual gas safety check must be provided to your tenant
• You should make sure your tenants know where to turn off the gas and what to do in the event of a gas emergency.
All installation, maintenance and gas safety checks need to be carried out by a Gas Safe registered engineer.
If someone other than a Gas Safe registered engineer does gas work in your home, you could be risking the safety of your family and property. Gas appliances that aren’t fitted or serviced correctly can cause gas leaks, fires, explosions and carbon monoxide poisoning.
Our services include:
• Check gas pressure and gas rate
• Check for satisfactory ventilation
• Check satisfactory operation of all the flame failure devices
• Check appliances and all pipe work for gas safety
Want to know more about landlord and gas safe certificates? Don't hesitate to contact us today, we will be more than happy to advise you.